Intensive parenting program
The intensive parenting program is for mothers and fathers who have most likely experienced trauma of some description, could be involved with child safety/juvenile justice system or have been a victim themselves in some capacity.
The aim of the intensive program is to empower mothers and fathers in strengthening their parenting responsibilities.
There are 4 steps to this program:
- Parenting Party – 2 x 2 hour sessions in a small group Importance of building trust and introduction to the rest of the program.
- Individual session – each participant meets with the facilitator to consider a range of supports or resources needed to parent, pre evaluation questionnaire, discuss eligibility to Before we were Parents program and commitment to participate in the review assessment interview.
- Before we were Parents program – 6 sessions of 2 hours each in a small group (8-10 people).
- Individual review assessment – post evaluation questionnaire, review of needs and referrals to parenting programs as required.
Benefits of this intensive program is the opportunity for participants to have their individual needs considered whist working through a group program. This wholistic program recognises the importance of individuals being valued and empowered whilst also being a part of a group working towards a common goal of being the best version of a parent they can be through working on the foundation of themselves.
The intensive parenting program combines the benefits of the Before we were Parents program with the added supports required for each individual.
Facilitators work with trusted persons in the community in providing this program.
- Open for any parent or caregiver of a child 0-17 years, whether they are in your care or not.
- Through a trusted community person
Additional fees for resources and handouts, travel time and facilities hire may apply. To be discussed at time of booking.